Thursday, December 27, 2012

NuraMike Nuzlocked Attempt 2: Pokemon Black 2

Nuzlocke II: The New Story

The Rulez
1. When your pokemon Faint they are considered dead and are sent to Heaven (Either released or permaboxed).

2. You may only catch the first pokemon in each new area and no others.



Episode 1: Kelvin

Today I was awakened by my mother who was excited to inform me that I'd been asked to help complete the pokedex. I was eager of course to recieve my new partner and travel the world. My friend Gibbs and I headed to Aspertia lookout. Where Bianca was waiting with my new partner.

Bianca: Oh You're Nura!? I'm so sorry. You've been asked by Professor Juniper to go on a journey and work on the Pokedex. We've selected this pokemon to be your parter. He is a Tepig.

Tepig: Hello. I'm pleased to meet you.

Michael: Uhmmmm You're awful serious.

Tepig: It's in my nature.

Michael: So what do I call you.

Tepig: Tepig is just fine.

Michael: That won't do. It's too uncaring. As thou you have no identity beyond your species... How about Kelvin?

Kelvin: Kelvin... I like it!

[Kelvin, Tepig; Met at Lv. 5 in Aspertia City; Serious Nature / Quick to flee]

Michael: Alright Kelvin! Let's go!

Gibbs: Not so fast. You think just because you have a pokemon and a pokedex you're ready to go out and face the world? I think not. You need to see what it'll be like. Challenge me, Michael and I'll show you what's in store.

*****==Michael VS Gibbs==*****
Michael and Kelving open up strong with a twin tail-whip to lower Oshawott's defense and then ride in with attacks to win out the fight. The flush of victory is short lived however as Gibbs speaks to Michael again.
*****==Battle Over==*****

Gibbs: You've got the basics down for sure. But any ten-year-old knows the basics. It's a harsh world that we're about to face. Especially you. You're part of 'the Challenge' now. You need to be ready.

Michael: I guess you're right. Any last advice for me, Gibbs?

Gibbs was walking away and looks back over his shoulder.

Gibbs: There are three rules to follow: Never give up, Never forget, and Always be ready for the next challenge. I'll see you down the road, Squirt.

Michael: Hmmmm... I wonder what he could mean... Never forget. H-HEY did you just call me a Squirt!? YOu get back here!!!

Michael goes running down the stairs of the overlook after Gibbs.

~End of Episode 1



Episode 2: Alder

Before I left Aspertia I stopped by to let Gibbs's Parents know where he went. It was an odd experience as his Mom, just before I left, pulled me aside.

Gibbs's Mom: Michael, If Gibbs loses his way on the path, or in life really, please help him, won't you? He's the kind of person who, well, lets rage build inside him.

I left them with the assurance that I would be there to help Gibbs if things ever got bad out there. I felt strange making such a promise since it seemed the reverse of the usual pattern with he and I. Gibbs had always been my mentor. Now I was expected to be the one helping and supporting him? I couldn't see what they meant at the time.

On route 19 I met a Purloin. More precisely, he tried to con me out of my granola bar with his cute act. Needless to say this cheesed me off, but since he was the first pokemon I met on the route I caught him. I named him Danny after some famous conman I'd heard about somewhere. He might have a bit of a bent personality but I think he and I will get along great. Provided he leaves my granola alone.

[Danny, Purloin; Met at Lv. 4 on Route 19; Brave Nature / Often dozes off]

Trained with Danny a bit on route 19. Was headed into Flocessy town when a man appeared and JUMPED OFF A FREAKIN CLIFF!

I'm not talking one of those dinky little jumping ledges This was a MASSIVE FREAKIN CLIFF. Even more to my surprise it was Alder the former League Champion.

Alder: Ho there, Trainer! I see you've just set out on your journy. Your pokemon seem to have grown already but you don't yet seem to understand what it truly means to be a trainer. I might be able to help you with that.

Alder's offer was tempting but I was worried about Gibbs. I wanted to check up on him before I did anything else.

Michael: I'd be glad to train with you, Sir Alder, but I have a friend who came through here ahead of me and I'm worried about him.

Alder: Say no more, your first duty is to your friend. I believe I saw some one headed to Flocessy ranch. Good luck, young Trainer.

And so I headed to Flocessy ranch to find Gibbs.

Once there Gibbs wasn't hard to find.

Gibbs: Is that all you got!? ... Oh, Michael, good to see you here. I've been doing some training around the ranch. Let's see how tough you've become since Aspertia.

*****==Michael VS Gibbs==*****
Danny VS Oshawott

Called in an assist from Tepig for the first move to cut Oshawott's defense. Oshawott responded with a strong offense and then a debuff of his own. I knew I'd be treading a fine line in this battle, as I'd caught and Trained Danny since Aspertia while Gibbs had focused on training with Oshawott.

Sure enough, despite attemptign to cut his attack I was soon forced to recall Danny and send out Kelvin. This tactic boded ill as well since Oshawott proceeded to land a critical hit right out of the gate.

Through Perserverance and a clutch use of a potion at a critical moment I was able to edge my way to victory.
*****==Battle End==*****

Gibbs: Not bad, you've come pretty far. What are you doing all the way out here at the ranch though? I figured you for a straight shot to Virbank and a visit to the Pokemon Gym there.

Michael: I just got a bit worried about you, man. Your parents seemed troubled about you heading out on a journey.

Gibbs: Ah, I see. They know me pretty well. I'll be honest with you, I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm on the right track either. But a man's gotta look forward or else he'll never accomplish anything.

Michael: Yeah.

Farmer Jeb: Ah though I heard a ruckus over here. Seems a coupl'a new pokemon trainers have come to train at the ranch. My name's Jeb, I own the place. This here's my wife Vidalia.

Vidalia: Ya'll just sit tight, I'll have your pokemon all patched up in a jiffy.

Farmer Jeb: Have Ya'll seen a Herdier wanderin around anywhere nearby? I just can't figure out where poor Gizmo's got off t.

Gibbs: Your pokemon is missing!? You seem awfully calm about it.

Farmer Jeb: Spose I am. don't mean I'm not a mite worried he might've run off and gotten hurt or in trouble.

Gibbs: We'll help you find him, won't we, Michael.

Michael: Sure, wouldn't want the poor guy to get lost.

And so we set out to search the woods behind the ranch for Gizmo the Heardier. Little did we know what awaited us in those thickets was a blast from the past.



Episode 3: Plasma?

Gibbs and I split up in the woods to cover more ground. So it was that I was alone with my pokemon companions when we were attacked... but not in the way you might think.

Danny is wandering a little behind the group when he stops having heard a rustling in the bushes. He wanders in closer to take a look.

Danny: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Kelvin and Michael spin around shocked to hear Danny's scream and rush to his aid only to find him in a, well, compromising position.

Danny is Paralyzed and a mareep has tackled him to the ground and is apparently trying to kiss him.

Mareep: Mwah mwah mwah mwah mwah.

Danny: Um, boss, could you get this crazy broad off me?

Michael: I dunno, Danny, I think she likes you.

Mareep: Ooh Ravish me you stunningly handsome Tomcat you!

Michael and Kelvin look deeply disturbed at this point.

Danny: Come on, Kelvin, you at least have to see how creepy this is right?

Michael: Don't worry Danny I got this. *Pulls out a pokeball*

Danny: Oh no! Oh no no no no...

*Later*

The four of them are walking through the woods. the Mareep following Danny around all infatuated.

Danny: I really hate you, boss.

Michael: Be nice to Serta, Danny.

Danny: I really, really hate you, boss.

Serta: Aw, is my big strong tomcat all flustered? It's okay to be embarrassed. There's lots of negative press out there about loving sheep I understand.

[Serta, Mareep; Met at Lv. 5 in Flocessy Ranch. Naughty Nature / Likes to thrash about.]

Danny looks apalled at the thoughts that line has provoked.

Kelvin: At least now we know why she's like that, kinda.

*Need to write out the Team Plasma Encounter and The Alder Visit*



Episode 4: Aspertia Gym

We see a picture of Mike walking through the school that he and Hugo had attended until recently, He has memories of playing with Hugo and his Snivy.

Michael: This is where I came to learn how to read, and write. Where I came to learn about the world and pokemon. Today I'm here to learn again. But today the lessons are less forgiving of failure. A mistake might not just mean a bad mark. It could mean the life or death of a friend I've come to trust.

He has come to the doors at the back of the classroom. The doors that lead out onto the back yard where the Gym has been set up.

Michael: This is where the true tests begin. Our destiny awaits us.

Kelvin: Yeah, Let's go.

Danny: Let me at'm.

Serta *Tackle-hugs Danny*: OOh my big strong tomcat! You'll show that big scary gym leader whose boss for me won't you?

Danny *Pushing Serta away*: Get offa me Cotton ball!

And so the four entered their first Pokemon Gym.

Michael: Sounds good. I plan to go all the way to the top.

Cheren: Oh, You must be a challenger!

Michael: I am.

Cheren: Welcome to Aspertia City Gym. I'm Cheren the newest Gym leader. You will be my first challenger. I wish you luck.

Michael: Same to you, but I warn you. There's no force on earth that can withstand my determination.

Cheren *Smirk*: I like your style. Well then Let's go!

Just as the beginning of this story was the same as the last, so too is the end. I was defeated in a party wipe. My pokemon fallen and all hope lost. I've begun my Thrid Nuzlocke attempt and am happy to report that I've managed to get further this time, but I am refraining from writing up the 'story' until I have finished this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment