Tuesday, January 11, 2011

CoPS #001

Chronicles of Planet Scottland

Recorded by the Apostle of Doom: Michael of Pudding.

AoD logbook January 11th of the 31st year of Starscream

On this auspicious day I begin my crusade across my beloved Planet Scottland. My purpose is to find the second mightiest metal in all the planet. From this metal I shall forge a scythe that shall serve as a token of the office bestowed upon me by his majesty. He is the Malevolent monarch, the Tyrant of Terror, the Divine Devil, our Grand GodKing: JetstreamX.

As was custom in my former abode of the town of Pudding I begin my journey with naught but a rudimentary weapon and civilian attire. Leaving behind all non-essential provisions and armor so that I may travel with all due haste and discression. I now lay down my pen so that I may actually begin my travels. At midday I shall append an update.

~*.*~*.*~

Midday has reached me and I find myself in the South Peasantry. Home to the smallest, dampest, most dank and uncomfortable basements in all the Planet (Or so the inhabitants would have you believe). Whilst here I lightened my coinpurse by partaking of the town's less reputable markets. After having had my fill and prepared provisions for the road ahead I left the Peasantry and headed toward a ruined fortification from one of the ages of blasphemy.

I need not pen this but for the benefits of those weak of mind and faith in our glorious GodKing I shall. This fortification was the stalwart guardian of those saints who stood against the heretics; for all of the blasphemous strongholds were destroyed after each age of blasphemy and cesspits erected in their place.

Gathering my courage unto me I entered the ruins. The great hallways were light by large running lamps and I marveled that such an ancient fortification should still have the power stores to light its interior. I descended deeper into the bastion of battles past. Within it I beheld the splendor and bravery of those who fought in the name of our glorious majesty and in a certain part of my heart I felt a sorrow that I was not among the warriors to fight here.

After much descent I found myself in a central silo and there made a marvelous discovery. This fortification was one that had served as a construction base where divine weapons were constructed. At the bottom of the silo in a great maintenance bay was a Godhand. These are Mecha whose design was first passed to the saints by our great lord himself. In the long age since the last age of blasphemy their design was lost all but those who learn and reside in the City of Gear. I know little of such divine instruments but on a workbench I found an old logbook. From it I learned the method by which one should pilot such artifacts and append here the note I found most interesting.

Exert from the logbook of Bendrin of the Court of Dr. Pepper

"I, Bendrin of Court, leave this book behind that one of the esteemed officials of our GodKing's Court may find it. My crew of mechanics have labored long and hard preparing this Godhand. Though it is naught but the shell of such a marvelous craft and can serve for little more than transportation we pray that if one of our lord's chosen minions finds it they will deliver it to Gear where it may be outfitted and see the sunlight. It is a foolish request from a lowly peasant mechanic but I pray mercy that this machine inspired by our Lord should see some purpose rather than molder alone in the dark."

End of Exert

Motivated more by desire than by benevolence I must admit I intend to do as the Mechanic asks. This Mecha shall serve to aid in my journey across our GodKing's planet and discover the metal I seek. I shall put down pen and paper forthwith and use this device to fly directly to Gear to have it customized. I shall have to see if I still have my Treasury Identification so that I may pay for the outfitting. What a wondrous journey this shall be!

No comments:

Post a Comment