Monday, February 4, 2013

A Look to the Future

I feel fully alive for the first in a long time. I've come to some realizations and decisions. First because of a strange desire to marathon the anime Series Death Note I've realized that watching anime seems to fuel my creativity and whet my thought processes. I also noticed that over the past year I've watched dramatically less anime than in any point in several years. In addition I've also written dramatically less than in several years. Therefore my conclusion is that if I hope to regain my former luster for writing I should watch more of the medium that seems to most inspire me. In addition I've decided that as soon as I have paid off the student loans I currently own I will take steps to go back to college. However, unlike last time I'll be going to school with a specific plan in mind... To become a voice actor. I've always been melodramatic and enjoyed putting on a show so this seems like a good idea. In the meantime I'll continue to work on writing. Part of my plans to stretch my literary muscles will be to write for at least one hour each day. I believe I may turn to the story idea generators on the internet to use as exercises. I'm hoping that by feeding my desires and attempting to stretch my creative muscles more I can return to the voracious writer I once was.

As a final note I want to say that I'm going to need more than my own determination to accomplish these goals. I know myself too well. If I try to go on my own I'll get lazy and/or depressed and give up. Even as I sit here writing this blog post I've begun to doubt and back down a bit. I'm going to need the help and support of my family and friends. I'm counting on you guys to keep me assured of my conclusions and help me fool myself into being the man (well manchild) I was, the man who wanted to tell stories more than anything.

Respect, Honor, and Power to you all.

Archknight Jason aka NuraMike aka Justin Michael Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment